March 17, 2009

when can i go to the supermarket and buy what i need with my good looks?



i'm so psyched that when poets die hot people get picked to play them in the biopic.

allen ginsberg, as i mentioned in my jersey post, was born in newark and raised in paterson, nj. 
i never got that down with ginsberg, or any of the beat poets really. kind of boring, self-referential, eh. or maybe their whole attitude is so over-expressed at this point that it's impossible for me to appreciate it. i liked other things by them. on the road, burroughs' naked lunch (would have made a great video game, trust.) my favorite poem by ginsberg is "america". it's a good example of the merging of his playfulness in a supermarket in california, and the darkness of howl.

god, ginsberg, you're so jersey. i mean just look at the last lines of howl:

in my dreams you walk dripping from a sea-
journey on the highway across america in tears
to the door of my cottage in the western night.

it's like a goddamn springsteen lyric!!

2 comments:

  1. James Franco, I will watch you make out with men any day.

    But the real question remains...how will play Jacob Rabinowitz?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first looked at that picture, I thought it was Dan from Gossip Girl wearing OBNOXIOUS glasses.

    ReplyDelete